Tuesday, December 13, 2011

OVERTIME MAMA


Like many Moms, I have those nights when I am working overtime!  Steve (my husband) is currently drumming in two different bands which means, while he's practicing I am going at it alone.  It can be hard to entertain a two year old boy all by yourself for the entire day, and by the time the sun goes down I am one tired lady! I do enjoy our little "date nights" though, when it's just me and the kids relaxing and throwing routine out the window! 


His little tent and a good Disney movie keeps him busy while I cook dinner.  Tonight it's a quick and easy recipe!


sauteing some chicken, spinach & sun dried tomatoes


add a little cooking creme (a mom's best friend)


toss it with some cooked pasta and a little chicken broth, salt, pepper and as Henry would say "num num num num num!"


a quiet evening for a tired mommy!

Here is what I'm reflecting on:

Some days can get overwhelming, but Lord, I am thankful for all the blessings you've given me and the full life you have trusted me with.  Thank you Lord for the rest you always offer!

"Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and i will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and My burden is light"
-Matthew 11:28-30

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...