Thursday, December 22, 2011

SITTING STILL IN CHURCH

On Tuesday we were invited to visit another Church's Christmas Service.  My sister and Brother-in-law were part of the team that designed the Holiday Decor, so we were excited to see what all of their hard work had created.  We brought the kids with us, which is always an adventure, we got all dolled up and hoped for the best!

Now most of us remember what sitting in church was like as a child.  Stay quiet and stay still.  Steve and I are the type of parents who like to see what happens.  This is what happened.





 


Now technically he stayed in his seat, and although he got a little antsy, overall he was a good boy.  The service was really nice, and once it started the kids were all pretty captivated by what was happening on stage.



In the end it was a successful night and we all had a lot of fun.


Today's reflection:

I know how hard it can be to keep the attention of a child especially when they don't always fully understand what's going on.  Even as an adult, some days I have a hard time sitting still.  Lord, thank you for continually captivating me, for giving me a reason to be still and listen.

"Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!"
-Psalm 46: 10

3 comments :

  1. fill so bless to be able to have my childern,and grand childern in the house of the Lord. Keep us together Lord,You are always one step ahead of us.Thank You for Your unconditional love Amen

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...