Tuesday, March 27, 2012

DATE NIGHT - MARCH!!

Photo Cred to Marvin Maldonado! Thx Bro!
When Steve and I were first married we use to wake up saturday mornings together and just sit in bed. Eventually one of us would go downstairs and make coffee then bring it up so we could enjoy a cup of jo in bed together. We would let saturday morning linger and just enjoy not having to rush off anywhere. I think we took that time forgranted. Now, our saturday mornings usually start off with Henry yelling "I have to go Pee Pee!" which wakes his sister up and which starts our day. Our days of feeding the kids, playing with the kids, changing the kids...pretty much the whole day is focused on family time. I know this is only a season we are in and one day our Saturday mornings will be completely different, we probably won't have the Saturdays like we had before kids for a long time now, but at least we still have Saturdays together.

Finding time for each other, just him and I can be tough, it's crazy how time flies and how busy we can get, before we know it the month is already over and we realize that we haven't stopped to reconnect with each other. I love spending time with my husband. He's funny and he laughs at all my jokes, he's very sweet and always a gentleman and when we are together I feel special...so I'm glad we take the time to go on a date at least once a month...

 Even dressed my hair up a bit with a pretty braid (he liked it)...
Althought we said we would try to do something other than dinner and a movie, ' The Hunger Games' was out and I was dying to see what all the fuss was about. I knew if there was ever a time to see it,, Date Night would be it. So we stood in line and waited for our turn to find a seat in the packed theatre and all I can say...
'The Hunger Games' was worth the hype! So much that I went out the next day and bought the book!  
March 2012, Date Night is in the books! or should I say book! (a har har!)

Today's Reflection:
Lord, thank you for the little moments you allow me to have with my husband. I don't always show it in the best way, but I love him and love the man he is. I know that he's a man after your heart and I thank you for that. When I was a little girl I prayed for him and you were faithful. Forgive me for the moments I forget how good I have it and the moments I let the silly little things outweigh the things that do matter! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...