Saturday, March 24, 2012

FABRIC, PHO AND FRIDAY

We spent the afternoon with our entourage today. Our entourage being my sister, both nephews and my mom. It used to be that afternoons like this there were just three of us (my mom, sister and me), but now we make a hefty seven! We made our annual trip to the Quilt show in town...
 
Little boys are not to keen on quilt shows, probably for the same reason their daddy's don't join us. They don't understand how you can look at a piece of fabric for 30 minutes just trying to figure out what to do with it only to not buy it an then move on to the next piece...
 
 I guess quilt shows aren't really for baby girls either...puts them right to sleep...
 The boys made the best of the situation, highlight of the quilt show...the spider they found in the tree outside...
After we lapped the quilt show three or four times it was off to enjoy a nice bowl of Pho (mmmm!)...
 and gab while the kids once again made the best of it...
  
 
 
I know I had fun, and as for all my little loves, well I think despite it not being their ideal way to spend the afternoon they ran into a little fun themselves!

Today's Reflection:
I wish I could look at life like this! Finding the joy in everything, even the things that I don't think I could possibly enjoy! Giving things a try and making the best of every situation. I once heard a saying that I always think about "only boring people are bored" My kids are showing me everyday that they definitely aren't boring!

Lord, I will try to find the upside in things, find the joy where there seems to be none and try to never let myself get bored!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...