Wednesday, March 21, 2012

NAPTIME ART

I'd like to think I'm a creative soul. I get it from my Mom and Dad, they have never shied away from creating things for themselves. Lately I have had less and less time to create (because I've been so good at procreating!). I am a huge fan of having art on the walls. I have pieces that have been handed down... 
 
pieces that my Dad created...
 
and pieces that Steve and I bought together...
Needing some new art for my little love's room, I decided to try to whip some out myself. I am calling this 'Naptime Art' because it's easy art that can be made while your little bundle of joys are napping! Here are the materials...
 
I used an 'old school' method of Freezer Paper stenciling. Using a craft knife, I cut out the image I wanted on Freezer Paper creating a stencil...
 
Next, I ironed the paper (shiny side down) onto the fabric sealing the stencil down...
  
Using fabric paint, I then painted the fabric using the sealed stencil...
Once the paint dried I glued the painted fabric onto the canvas...
And voila! A little naptime art paying homage to our favorite Golden State! It's not perfect and was a bit rushed (that's just the price you pay when you're trying to whip something out during naptime) but I figure that's just a part of the creative proccess and next time I can tweak some things. But at least I got a little creative fix and I'm feeling even more inspired!

 
Today's Reflection:
Lord, some days I don't feel like I get much time for myself. Since becoming a mother I have learned to appreciate my free time more than ever. I appreciate when you give me opportunities like this, even if it's just an hour or two, I plan to make use of it! I will admit, I felt rejuvenated as I was doing it, bun in my hair, music blasting in the back ground, sun shining through my window, it was a good time! Lord, I give my time to you, I appreciate it, help me to use it wisely and to make the most of it!

"Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord’s will is."
-Ephesians 5:1517




1 comment :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...