Monday, March 5, 2012

LOVING WHERE YOUR AT MONDAY

I think most of you know that I am a stay at home mom. We are a single income family and absolutely blessed with everything that we have. Since making this "career change" I have had to change a lot of my way of thinking. I have really had to grasp onto the concept of loving where you're at. Sometimes I do struggle, there are a lot of things in the world that one could desire or put on a "wish" list, but ultimately there is nothing on that list that I need or would trade for what I already have. It can be hard when you see others place value on stuff, stuff you do not have or could not afford, but you have to remind yourself of what you value. I am learning that sometimes when you strip down the things that you don't need, you can become very happy and content with all the blessing you are left with. I confidently rock my second hand threads... 
and my very old and run down boots...
 
I am learning everyday, you do not need a big house, you don't need the latest gadgets or the hottest brands to love where you're at.

 Today's Reflection:
Lord, I am grateful for everything I have. I do not take a single bit of it for granted. Please help me to continually focus on the things you value and not the things that the world may value.

I am meditating on this...

“Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.  But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal."
-Matthew 6:19-20

1 comment :

  1. Oh serena! How very true. We too are a one income family, but I'm not the one at home. Its the same for me though....you have be thankful for where you are. Chrity Nockels has a song called "choose" that she wrote while not being in ministry to others, but only to her family. I find this song so comforting and encouraging. You should look it up, if you don't know it. -angie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...