Monday, March 19, 2012

LOVING WHERE YOU'RE AT MONDAY

My son stayed the night over his Grandma and Grandpa's house last night. I know that this morning he woke up and was loving where he was at. I miss him like crazy when he is gone....Like CRAZY! As we drove off I imagined his delight when he woke up to find that He was still at Grandma and Grandpa's house. No, It's not a dream son, live it up, because soon the day will be over and Mommy will be back to collect you and cover you with kisses and clobber you in hugs, whether you like it or not!

Friends, do you wake up loving where you're at? I'll admit I don't always, sometimes I wake up and already feel the weight of the day or the aftermath of yesterday on my shoulders. I think about the time that is already spoken for, wake up kids, feed everyone, clean, get kids dressed, get myself dressed, naps, play time, cooking, grocery shopping, and so on and so on. Sometimes it feels like pulling the blankets over my head would just be easier. Every month Steve and I tithe, we give joyfully and faithfully and God has never let us down and he has always taken care of us financially. We understand that there is nothing that we have that God has not given us or graced us with. He gives to us in ways we could never imagine. So then I imagine, since he is such a faithful God, then when I give my time to him, will he not give that back to me faithfully? Will he not take care of me and help me to accomplish everything else needed in the day? What if I woke up each morning like my son does when he stays at grandma and grandpa's? With joy and excitement.  Good Morning Lord! What will we do today Lord?

Unfortunately I don't start my morning out like this, instead I try to somehow weave time into my day for God. I feel this pulling, this tugging, this need for change. I need to stop treating God like he is just another thing on the 'To-Do' list. I need to put him first and let him prioritize my day. I need to wake up each morning 'loving where I'm at' because I know that I am in his presence seeking him and being rejuvenated my him.

Today's Reflection:
I know this is sometimes easier said than done, but Lord I am committing my time to you. I am taking you off of the 'To-Do' List, you will be a priority in my days.

"One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple."
-Psalm 27:4

"But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.  Each day has enough trouble of its own."
-Matthew 6:33-34

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...