Tuesday, March 6, 2012

IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED

I've been feeling really encouraged this week.  I don't know if it's the sunshine, the fact that spring is around the corner or just the idea of making some changes in my life, but I am encouraged. You might remember a while back I posted about my unsuccessful trip to the library. Well, it was that time again, the books were due back and if ever there was a time to conquer that Library, today was going to be it! Learning from my mistakes last time, I made some tweaks to my game plan. I had everything I wanted placed on "Hold" so when I arrived everything was together and ready to just grab off the "hold" shelf... 
I found a comfy seat in the kids area and made use of the games and puzzles they had while I looked over my books. Henry liked this tweak...
 
 
This time I brought in my stroller so Lucia could kick back and I did not have a million things to hold...

 
and when she fussed I rolled with it and picked her up and started teaching her that sacred Dewey Decimal system...
 
It was a success and we even managed to throw in a trip to the restroom! So I guess that means the score between mommy vs. the library is officially tied....I'll take that!
 

Today's Reflection:
That felt good! Sometimes we need to just celebrate the little triumphs that we have. The moments where we could have given up, walked away and never looked back, but we sucked it up, we put on a brave face, we took in the lessons needed and we gave it another go! I'll admit, I did not think we would enjoy this trip, but we did, we really did! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...