Tuesday, March 13, 2012

BEST FRIENDS

My son and nephew Rome have recently learned the term "Best Friend." I'm not sure who taught them this term, but not only do they use it, they use it when talking about each other. Believe me, many times I have  tried to convince my son that Mommy is his best friend, in which he disgustingly looks at me and says "No, my Rome is my best friend, I need him!" Which brings up two very interesting points, first...What's so wrong with mommy? and second, what a lovely thought, that he needs his best friend.
My son and his best friend are made for each other, he is exactly what my son needs. Henry tends to be a little more reserved and normally likes to play quietly on his own, he likes to take strolls through the park. But, Rome is the exact opposite, he likes to run and jump through the park, he is a little louder and I imagine one day people will refer to him as 'the life of the party'.
These boys are pretty opposite, yet they both need a little of  what the other has. It's true what my son says, he needs his best friend. And if he's smart, which I believe he is, he'll learn a lot from Rome and in the mean time get a lot of joy and love and laughs out of it! 
Today's Reflection:
It's amazing the people God places in our lives. He knows exactly what we need. Sometimes I can be put off by people who are not like me, just because I don't understand them. When I look at them and appreciate the differences we have between us, I can see that God is giving me what I need, he knows the areas I lack and the areas I need to learn and he's, in a way giving me the friend I need.

"The eye cannot say to the hand, “I don’t need you!” And the head cannot say to the feet, “I don’t need you!”  On the contrary, those parts of the body that seem to be weaker are indispensable,  and the parts that we think are less honorable we treat with special honor. And the parts that are unpresentable are treated with special modesty, while our presentable parts need no special treatment. But God has put the body together, giving greater honor to the parts that lacked it, so that there should be no division in the body, but that its parts should have equal concern for each other.  If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it."
-1 Corinthians 12: 21-26 

4 comments :

  1. I love this! You and me are bff too! There is a lid for every pot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a pic. of us, but we just looked old next to the boys!

      Delete
  2. Love this! they are adorable, and I'm loving that little newsboy hat!

    -kim
    found the route

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim! He's been wearing those hats since he was a baby! I'm always on the hunt for them!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...